Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Friday, December 5, 2014

square love

i have been so enjoying painting smaller lately. painting up more of the matboard tiles, including more mini's, and i found 6"x 6" wooden cradles i had bought, and painted those up too.


just like almost everything, i put down a skim coat of gesso to start and worked from there. the wooden cradles paint different than canvas and if you use an ink on the cradle without gesso the ink will be absorbed by the wood.

as a point of interest- i only the gesso the actual front panel and not the sides. i like how if the ink or wet paint runs off the front panel that it is absorbed by the sides of the cradle.


on this bottom cradle i used a strip of painted paper and attached to the board after i had gotten my background done. and can you see i have had a circle obsession?....can't seem to help myself, but, i love them....


happy friday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks like you are just being freed to have fun. . . . I love it.
    I need to try my hand at some small prices, thanks for the aspiration:)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of this. Makes me a bit jealous that I don't have more time to just play in my studio. Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love circles, too! In fact, organic shapes tend to show up very often in my work. I like how you let the paint run and get absorbed by the wood. You can get some cool effects from doing something so simple!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!