Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Saturday, March 15, 2014

one little word {February & March }: calm and dream

my one little word inspiration for february came from playing with the documented life in my moleskin journal. remember a while back when i spilled the ink onto my moleskin? i used that and incorporated the spill into my OLW project for february which featured the word calm.


March is my word- dream...to me, pushes me to make more art, and keep dreaming bigger, and believe in my creative self. the first year after i had gotten into an art gallery and sold my art work, my husband bought me a ring that said, "Be true to your Dreams...." to remind me to keep dreaming and making art.

have you seen the American Family Insurance commercial featuring dreams? watch the commercial here and listen to the words. this embodies my whole thought on dreams....always dream....

i painted this project onto a cigar box. i love the runs on the side of the box. i wrote the whole commercial onto the box to keep in my studio and if i am having a bad day and inspiration is lacking- i will look at this box and read the words again to remind myself to dream.

if you play along with all of us at OLW, we have a fabulous list of give-away's! there will be 4 wonderful grab bags for four lucky people who play along with us. you have until april 14 to play along and qualify for the grab bags.



1 comment:

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!