Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

alcohol inks on tiles

my jet-setting mom has been hanging out in much warmer weather than what we have been seeing here in the midwest. so on saturday i went to play in her studio with her before she leaves again. she had learned a new technique while she was gone and wanted to share with me.

so i loaded up all of my own inks and headed to her studio. she had bought each of us tiles to use for this project. check out my tiles below...



the tiles were great fun to make and we each made a total of 4 tiles that day. the tiles take a bit to fully dry and then, my mom did the finish work and attached the hangar. these shown here were still drying.

keep an eye on my etsy store as they will be making an appearance there!

3 comments:

  1. OMG these are fantastic! So alcohol ink is permanent? Wow! They look like enamels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the fab colours you've used. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them Kristin. these colors are amazing. I recently saw another project with alcohol ink on paper. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!