Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Monday, January 27, 2014

21 secrets {art journal} face

i am participating in 21 secrets but, find it soooo much easier to watch the videos on wednesdays and then, work in my own art journal.

here is my face for this past week's lesson.....

i laid down paper scraps from my counter first.... layering the papers. i love the peeks of the papers sneaking out between the layers of paint and ink. i had gesso'd the papers once down to pull them together and fade the papers just a bit into the background. i sketched my outline with a blendable pencil and followed up with ink; blending some pencil lines and not others. 

in my journal not all the paper sit down glued tight to the paper and like the look and feel. i like the uncertainty of the lips and the oddly large eye and watery, black ink runs with the peeks of pink.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!