Kristin Peterson: mixed media, collage, painter, artist

Sunday, January 13, 2013

mixed media flower on yupo

IMG_2746 by alteredstatesstudio
IMG_2746, a photo by alteredstatesstudio on Flickr.

this is the beginning of some mixed media flowers on yupo paper. this project is a continuation of the wedding....the bride and her mom asked if i would make bridemaid gifts for them. i agreed and asked if they had any ideas of what they wanted, and i got-"whatever you make will be cool!" so, although this is nice to hear.....i wanted a little direction on ideas. i had been inspired by Robin-Marie Smith. i loved her botanical series and wanted to try my own twist on that...so, this is the beginning of the gifts....we will see what direction they take. so far, i have 7 different colors "flowers" as the bases. i used a variety of alcohol inks and my roll of tape to try and keep in a circle and when i was happy with the circle, I let the extra ink run to make the stem. i also used glimmer mist to provide a little more color and some shine.

1 comment:

  1. I always admire those who can work on commission. I cannot do that at all. It would drive me crazy. You will do fine though. You already did wonders with the invitations. I sure the bridesmaids gifts will look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments- i love hearing from you!!