- why is it that i am not done christmas shopping?
- how much the dog weighs in meatballs, (this one is for you boys....) that's what i want to know!
- hold on- do you hear your wishes whispering to you? listen closely and reach for those dreams.
- we are ready for change, but, it needs to come soon.
- do you collect something? what is it? i love old, vintage clocks.
- remember to live, laugh every day- it is good for you, be with who you love.
- and as for the weekend, tonight i'm looking forward to watching my husband play family feud, tomorrow my plans include going shopping with my best friends and the ladies, and sunday, i want to work in my shop to get ready for the upcoming art show- Artists Against Hunger.
Friday, November 30, 2012
here we go.....
Monday, November 26, 2012
Artists Against Hunger Show is coming up in two weeks. the show will kick off on friday, dec 7th.
Sunday, November 25, 2012
donna downey's technique of putting sticker numbers underneath and then painting over. i collaged one of my wine label's toad hollow. the label is super cool and as i remember the wine was very good too!
Friday, November 23, 2012
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
|i had picked up this kitchen cupboard door- it was an sample from a home improvement center; knowing that i would re-purpose it....i lightly sanded it, wiped down and painted it black.|
Monday, November 19, 2012
|add a few little details- i like the blue arrows....|
|here is the cover as it is now. i don't like my green blob at the bottom, but, collage can fix that easily enough. it is not the most beautiful, but, i did have a good time!|
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Friday, November 16, 2012
and here we go......
- if you have an art journal- leave me a note so i can come and visit!
- you DO NOT want me singing la, la, la; or anything else for that matter (so tone deaf....).
- i have to ask you- what is your favorite pie? thanksgiving is next week!
- not many vices; but, definitely a creature of habits.
- i didn't have time this week to be on pinterest...almost a sin, huh?! wanna follow me?
- vintage silverware is something i love beyond reason- almost need therapy...
- as for this weekend, tonight i'm looking forward to spending time at home, tomorrow my plans include a local auction and some basketball, and sunday, i want to spend some time in my studio!
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Monday, November 12, 2012
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
here we go.....
- one time, i took a leap of faith and started this blog. (from humble beginnings....)
- my art journal, is something that makes me smile.
- seven words i love: vintage, rusty, worn, loved, believe, dream, happiness.
- i love big, fluffy snow; against a blue black night sky.
- i looked out the window today and saw light fog.
- she believed she could- so she did,.... and that's saying something! believe....
- and as for the weekend, tonight i am looking forward to the start of our occasional sale; tomorrow my plans include the second day of our sale, and on sunday, i want to relax. .
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
|we will have retro table clothes and some vintage quilts....|
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
|and i am such a sucker for globes....and this one is big! and so cool....|
|and can someone say vintage glitz?! cuz we have a retro glam 4 chair dinette set in great condition.|
|looking for vintage items for the kitchen? we would have you covered. i love the yellow and white vintage tins! going back out tonight with another load and to get stuff priced. i will keep you posted.....|
Friday, November 2, 2012
- i was wanting my own occasional sale, and next weekend it will happen!! it will include items that are vintage, rusty, worn, loved, and re-purposed. cannot wait!!
- i love when the moon is full.
- when we share coffee in the morning- it is the best. love you jp!
- collage is the best!! (love donna downey....)
- underneath it all, i just want a creative, inspiring life.....
- oh! and thanks for acrylic paint. (this is one of my newest paintings....)
- and as for the weekend, tonight i'm looking forward to seeing our oldest son (we are headed to rapid city, sd to visit him at college), tomorrow my plans include seeing my best friend for an early morning coffee and catch up, and sunday, i want to head back home to get ready for my occasional sale coming up next weekend.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
|i got these cute little teacups at an auction recently and knew i would probably not really use then, so let's re-purpose!! i knew what i wanted to do and picked up a nice little variety of plants last week at my favorite green house- harmony garden. i also told her, miss harmony garden, that she needed to be online! i had made up my cute little fairy gardens and wanted to link to her store so people would know how to find her.....and she was not there. she reassured me that she was working on it. so when she does, i will make sure to give proper credit to this wonderfully creative green thumb.|